Windows Activation- Reformating HD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wvaugh

I have windows XP - Home edition on one computer- I used the update disk ( legal copy) on another computer running Windows 98- It installed ok- was able to run for 30 days than I had yo pay for activation which I was unaware of. I was not trying to do anything illegal. I thought it was ok to put the OS ob 2 of your own home computers. MY question is " how can I reformat the HD and revert back to Windows 98" or get rid of windows xp on and revert back too Windows 98. On the computer ( which requred activation); I hit the F* key and got to what I thought was the MS Dos system. When I tried to format the HD; it said the drive is mounted and locked and wouldn't do the format. Thanks for any help given.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online