1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows and DOS in parallel?

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by bitsbytesbautz, Sep 24, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. bitsbytesbautz

bitsbytesbautz Thread Starter

I have a CNC milling machine running a program called cafca40 under DOS.
    Each time I edit or run a program I have to navigate directories, which is difficult in DOS.
    Is there a way to preset the directory when calling the Dos program (from Windows 95)?
    And editing the G code files in DOS is difficult. Can I run both programs, Windows and the DOS application in parallel and change the G code in the files on the fly before executing it with the DOS program?
    Any help appreciated.

2. peterh40

peterh40 Peter

When you creaet a shortt to a DOS program, such as command.com, it actually creates a PIF (Program Information File), you can set the directory in the shortcut properties.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!