1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows and Linux doesn't load

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ism, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ism

ism Thread Starter

I was about to play a game yesterday. While the game was loading the screen flashed many different colors and made a weird sound. I hit the reset button and expected to boot back into Windows. Windows went through the first load then came to the second with the Windows 2000 logo. It loaded about 80-85% then stopped. I returned later and it still had progressed. I got a little worried and tried booting into safe mode. This did not work. I then popped in the Windows 2000 install disk and tried repairing it. It repaired and I tried rebooting into Windows. The same thing happened. I repaired again and the same results slapped me in the face. I had installed Fedora Linux on an IDE hard drive a week or two before. I popped in this hard drive and tried booting into Linux. The Fedora blue screen only loaded just a little bit and wouldn't go any further. I tried again and the same thing happened. I put the Windows hard drive back in and it still wouldn't start. I even reinstalled Windows over the current Windows 2000 file system. Oh yeah, when booting, Windows say there is a power issue and go into setup. I press delete and enter the bios. Under the power control there is a 12+v or something and it's in red. It's like.. 9.81 or something. Is this something with the power supply? Could it be a video card issue? I need your help very much.

PC Info:
    Antec Solutions case with antec power supply
    Asus A7V600
    120gb Seagate SATA hard drive - Windows
    40gb Western Digital (A friend's) - Linux
    GeForce 4 ti4200 128mb 8x AGP video card
    512mb PC3200 DDR SDRAm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/204197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice