windows and mac file share

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

applecrisp

Hey does anybody know if it is possible to share files between two computer one mac and one peecee if they are not on the same network? (more specifcally the mac would connect to the pc)

What operating system on each computer? MacOSX is real easy to connect to peecees and other machines. it's easy the other way around now as well. Mac OSX supports SAMBA which is a UNIX variety of using windows networking so connecting windows to Macs is easier now.

If you mean not on the same network as in two different subnets, then I don't see why there would be a problem. Are they different network topologies?

applecrisp

When I saw different networks I Mean they are in no way connected to eachother. the pc is running xp home and the mac has panther

burn cds of data on the Mac in Finder then put them on a PC also PC cds can be read on a Mac...or else email files to each machine via email attachments

Another trick I learned when having home networking issues was to put copies of the files i wanted to share in the Documents folder of the Apache Webserver and access them via a browser from the PC. You can download them that way. Also FTP would work.

But if you don't have anyway for them to see eachother try a flash drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online