1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows and media player

Discussion in 'Networking' started by chookster, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chookster

chookster Thread Starter

Hi, I have a media player on my home network, which consists of 3 desktop pcs (1 xp home, 1 win 7 home p, and 1 win 8 pro) and 2 nas boxes. Nothing is wireless, all cabled. All pcs can talk to each other and the nas boxes, all have internet access. All pcs can read/write all shared folders on each other.

Problem is when I try to access pc files with my media player. It can access the nas boxes and the xp pc fine, but when i attempt the win 7 or 8 pcs it asks for a username/password. The win 8 pc has both, but the media player wont accept them when i input them correctly, and the win 7 pc has never had a password. I tried putting a password on the win 7 pc, but the media player rejects the user and pw.

Any help much appreciated

2. chookster

chookster Thread Starter

Whats happening here, there was a response posted to which I responded, and now there gone??

3. chookster

chookster Thread Starter

Any help appreciated????????????????????????

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice