1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows and System freezing after startup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Briar_Rose, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briar_Rose

Briar_Rose Thread Starter

Im not really sure if this is right place but oh well :)

Ive had my dell latitude e6400 laptop for over a year, its worked fine. In the last few days it freezes at different points, sometimes at login, sometimes just before and sometimes after. When I get onto my page the taskbar is frozen and eventually after less than 2 minutes the screen goes opaque white and the blue timer gets stuck meaning i have to restart manually. My system works perfectly well in safe mode.

I have done system restores, scans, disk defragmentations, i've taken my laptop apart and cleaned the fans just in case but nothing works in normal mode still. The only thing i can think of that changed the way my system worked was an automatic windows update.

I am convinced this is a windows vista issue as after extensive internet research many people seemed to have similar issues however people only suggested doing what i have done (see above). I have tried to upload windows 7 but i cant do that in safe mode and normal mode freezes before i can finish.

i'm at a loss at what to do next so any help would be appreciated

2. kenny111111

kenny111111

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice