1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows April Update messed up my GPU driver hardcore

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by paulr24, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulr24

paulr24 Thread Starter

I'm running Windows 10 x64 with an RX 580 and my PC auto installed the April 1804 update. After updating my dual monitors were duplicated (instead of extended) so I checked things out and found that in Device Manager my GPU says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

After a bit of troubleshooting I decided to do a system restore to a time prior to the update, but that made things worse and I was getting a BSOD at boot ("Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO"). After messing with it for a bit with no success I decided to restore back to the post-April update state and that at least got me back into the OS, but my GPU is still hosed...

I've tried uninstalling drivers with DDU, reinstalling the 18.4.1 Radeon drivers (also tried the same with the 18.3.3 drivers), but I'm still getting code 43. I'm totally at a loss. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Do you know what gpu driver you had installed when it was working? If so have you tried reinstalling that version? I would also try 18.2.1 and the minimal driver.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 10 - 64

Please perfrom the following

Step 1:
    Speccy
    Download Speccy to your desktop

1. File > Save Snapshot. This will create a file called [hostname].speccy
    2. File > Publish Snapshot. This saves your snapshot to their servers
    3 Copy and Paste the link to your next Reply

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice