Windows are always start minimized Please Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hpmbot149

Hishara
These days, I am having problems with Windows 7 64 bit on my PC ..................
Whenever I starts my PC or login to Windows, the system tray icons are always shows as hidden and showing by small arrow on taskbar...............This happens always I start Windows..................
Usually,Windows remembers how system tray icons be shown when a user arranges them for first time after installing Windows in desired order on taskbar..................Mine is always showing as hidden ...............This started to happen since one month..............

Other issue is when I open Windows Explorer,it always starts minimized...............
Control Panel,Devices and Printers and Games Explorer are always starting minimized..............
Default Programs windows is also starts minimized...............

That became an annoying issue as I need to maximize them again and again..................
I have to rearrange my system tray icons again and again..............

I need your help to prevent that issue..............

My System Specifications :

Processor : Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz
Motherboard : Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87
GPU : EVGA Superclocked GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
RAM : Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 8GB 1600MHz
Asus Blu-Ray /CD /DVD Burner
Seasonic G750M 750W Modular Power Supply
Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Cooler
Cooler Master RC335U ATX Casing

Thanks in advance................

TerryNet

Terry
Whenever I starts my PC or login to Windows, the system tray icons are always shows as hidden and showing by small arrow on taskbar
If you are talking about the Notification Area click on the little triangle and then on Customise... and select how you want each icon to be handled (hide, always show, show only notifications).

Other issue is when I open Windows Explorer,it always starts minimized...............
Right click on the Windows Explorer shortcut, then right click on Windows Explorer, then click on Properties. On the Shortcut tab I assume you will find that 'Run' is set to Minimized. Set it to Normal window or to Maximized, depending on your desire.

hpmbot149

Hishara
Yes I means the notification area............Yes I already tried changing properties many times to maiximized and normal window start..........But nothing work

hpmbot149

Hishara
The problem is not resolved............I tried setting to "display icons and notifications" in notification area settings.................

hpmbot149

Hishara
only appear speaker icon and connection icon.................All my other icons are hidden and can be restored using small arrow in notification area.............

hpmbot149

Hishara

This is a video made by me describing my problem...............I think you can understand it very well now.................Please watch it using 720p HD Option..........

Ther error can't seems to be solved..........I am going to reinstall my OS now......
Please tell what can I do to prevent that guys???

Last edited:

managed

Allan
Right-click on empty part of Taskbar > Properties > Customise button, click on the Always show all icons ... square box so it's ticked, Ok, Ok

That will show all the icons all the time. If you only want to see some icons don't tick that box and change them individually.

hpmbot149

Hishara
Thanks.................I haven't tried it.
I changed setting and going to restart my PC now................I will inform you if the problem is even exists........................

hpmbot149

Hishara
Thanks...........The notification area icon problem was gone but Windows are always starting minimized...............
I always maximizes and closes but they still open minimized next time..........
I set Windows Explorer to open maximized in properties.......................
But the error exists...................

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I did NOT see any of your programs open "minimized".
True they were NOT full screen. Most of the ones that you showed normally do not open full screen and that is the way some system windows open. I believe most of the programs you opened were from the Control Panel and they are designed to open in the manner which you have.

I hate FULL screen displayed and very seldom use it. Then there are those people that use my machine(s) leave everything full screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online