1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Auto-Fill

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jimtalbert, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimtalbert

Jimtalbert Thread Starter

My old WIN98 PC auto-fills the fields on certain web sites when I enter the first character of the string (except for passwords). I can't remember whether or how I made it do that. I would like to set up my new WIN XP PC to do it but so far can't determine how. I think it's asking whether I want it to save passwords but I don't. Searches for auto-fill and autofill in the MS knowledge bases produce no results.

2. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Go to "Control Panel"> Internet Options>Content> Auto Complete
    and check what you want it to do. Have a good day.

3. Jimtalbert

Jimtalbert Thread Starter

Thanks so much, Dr. Dave! It was simple once I knew where to look. I have a Gateway PC and can't get to Windows Help (assuming there still is such) because all requests point to the Gateway Help & Support screen. Surely MS has this in their Help if I could just get to it. But that may be assuming too much because I couldn't find it in their knowledge base.
    Thanks again. You guys are the greatest!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/80799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice