1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows backup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tim973, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tim973

tim973 Thread Starter

hi,I was wondering how to backup windows xps' service pack1 and updated windows?Im bored to download from windows webside I have dialup it takes 6hours to download please help

2. clskrk

clskrk

The best way I know of, is click "save" instead of open when prompted, burn it to a disc, or if that isn't an option, just run it from the saved location on your H/D

3. tim973

tim973 Thread Starter

I didnt save it, just downloaded and intalled itshelf how to find that updates and service pack1 in the hard driver?

4. clskrk

clskrk

when you click save, it will give you an option window to put it where you want. Make a folder where you want to put it, (i.e. C\pgm files\new update) when you get the save to window, browse to that folder. It's usually easiest to make a specific folder for something like that to make it easier to find later.
    when you get it D/L, go to that folder, double click on it, then close everything (windows explorer etc.) and it should run and install fine. If you can, burn it to CD from that folder, then the disc should start auto when you plug it in. if not, do it the same as from your H/D

5. clskrk

clskrk

If you remember the name, do a search in windows explorer by name, or by modified, and enter the date you did it. you may need to go into tools, folder options, click show hidden files, to find it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice