1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows blue screen dump files

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by PKWitch, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PKWitch

PKWitch Thread Starter

My man's laptop will not start up..
    A couple of times we have persuaded it to open by removing the battery for a while first. Have manged to back up most of his personal docs, but not the photos. Would like to be able to salvage them first....
    Have tried running the system restore but windows is unable to fix.
    Getting a blue screen that is gone before you can read it, but the general gist is about "stack buffer overrun" and something about dumping memory into a crash file????
    Does this make sense to anybody? the only other bit I have manged to pick out is 000000F7..
    Thanks in advance to the hero that is going to make my man less grumpy... ;-)

2. razorwing

razorwing Banned

3. PKWitch

PKWitch Thread Starter

Thanks for reply and the link.
    I have the back up discs that I made for him when he first got laptop.
    Have been letting it run all it's other diagnostic thingys, and so far they are all coming back that it cant find anything wrong, but it still wont boot up properly,,,,
    Nearly time to start swearing!!!:mad:

4. razorwing

razorwing Banned

Can you boot the machine in safe mode?

5. PKWitch

PKWitch Thread Starter

Am working my way through all the system restore options, have changed points of restore dates a few times....still just going into advent f2 or f12 screen and then jumping straight to tech guys page.
    If I can just get it to wake up long enough to try and back up photo files, then I can just go and start from scratch with a destructive wake up call for the *[email protected]!!*ing laptop.....:(

6. PKWitch

PKWitch Thread Starter

Tried safe mode and it went back into tech guys thing....

7. PKWitch

PKWitch Thread Starter

Thanks for your help so far :) Man awake now and has checked to see all pics on phone still.....
    Soooo, I am gonna try and make it wipe itself clean and start again....:rolleyes:
    Wish me luck, I may be back;)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice