Windows blue screen/freezing/crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tommit22

This has been happening for awhile, I searched and followed a lot of different tests and solutions, none seem to work.

It usually crashes when playing games, sometimes my Firefox will crash, and when I click to restart, it will be instant blue screen. I have come to terms that it is not a RAM or overheating issue.

I rate myself a solid 7/10 on computer knowledge, so I really could use some help. Here is the 2 error codes I get (from "WhoCrashed"), its the same every time.

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Sat 12/29/2012 4:09:49 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntkrnlmp.exe[/FONT] (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA80098F8E60, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]MEMORY_MANAGEMENT[/FONT]
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Fri 12/28/2012 4:45:04 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122712-16114-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT] (nt+0x705C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41284, 0x80C6001, 0x10B4, 0xFFFFF70001080000)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]MEMORY_MANAGEMENT[/FONT]
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

Welcome to TSG tommit22!

Interesting that on the 28th it sends a dump file to minidump.

On Fri 12/28/2012 4:45:04 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122712-16114-01.dmp
And on the 29th it sends a memory.dmp A different setting in System Failure.

On Sat 12/29/2012 4:09:49 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
I find that odd. Did you make that change? Anyway, please copy the content in C:\Windows\Minidump to a folder on the desktop and compress it and upload it here.

I take it that this is a gaming system. You need to test the memory on your system as memory corruption has occurred a number of times. Please download Memtest86 This is an ISO so you'll need to burn it to CD and boot from it. If you are not familiar with memtest you can look HERE for information. ImgBurn is a good app for burning the ISO. please post your findings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online