1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows blue screen/freezing/crashing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tommit22, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tommit22

tommit22 Thread Starter

This has been happening for awhile, I searched and followed a lot of different tests and solutions, none seem to work.

It usually crashes when playing games, sometimes my Firefox will crash, and when I click to restart, it will be instant blue screen. I have come to terms that it is not a RAM or overheating issue.

I rate myself a solid 7/10 on computer knowledge, so I really could use some help. Here is the 2 error codes I get (from "WhoCrashed"), its the same every time.

On Sat 12/29/2012 4:09:49 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA80098F8E60, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 12/28/2012 4:45:04 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122712-16114-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x705C0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41284, 0x80C6001, 0x10B4, 0xFFFFF70001080000)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

2. Lance1

Lance1

Welcome to TSG tommit22!

Interesting that on the 28th it sends a dump file to minidump.

And on the 29th it sends a memory.dmp A different setting in System Failure.

I find that odd. Did you make that change? Anyway, please copy the content in C:\Windows\Minidump to a folder on the desktop and compress it and upload it here.

3. tommit22

tommit22 Thread Starter

Didn't change anything

hope this works. lol

Attached Files:

4. tommit22

tommit22 Thread Starter

bump? is that allowed lol

5. Lance1

Lance1

I take it that this is a gaming system. You need to test the memory on your system as memory corruption has occurred a number of times. Please download Memtest86 This is an ISO so you'll need to burn it to CD and boot from it. If you are not familiar with memtest you can look HERE for information. ImgBurn is a good app for burning the ISO. please post your findings.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice