1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Boot Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Neutrokid, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Neutrokid

Neutrokid Thread Starter

Hi. A day ago. My laptop required a restart to update, i restarted it but when it came on it displayed a message saying it didn't shutdown correctly and it gave me some options "Safe Mode", Safe Mode with Networking " Last Known good Configurarion" and Start Windows Correctly" .and a 30 second countdown for my choice My ENTER key doesn't work, so I can't choose any option, so I waited for the countdown to end then It showed the windows Xp loading screen. But it just kept on loading. I pressed down the power to turn it off.. Turned it back on but it still showed the same countdown page and the Loading screen. Please help

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi, it will keep on trying to start in normal mode - unless you make a choice.
    You will need a different keyboard to make the choice - there is no other way.
    Buy or borrow a keyboard.
    Once done - let us know if you need more help.

3. Neutrokid

Neutrokid Thread Starter

Ok thanks. Will do :)

4. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Let us know if it will later start in normal mode.
    If not - restart in safe mode..tap F8 as your system is starting up.
    Start > run > type
    msconfig
    Click on Launch System restore.

Then choose a date prior to the problem.
    System Restore in WinXP
    http://bertk.mvps.org/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice