1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows boot slow at Windows logo on SSD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jonow, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonow

jonow Thread Starter

I just got a new SSD for my laptop and reinstalled Windows 7 and all my software. I noticed though, now when I startup the computer the boot hangs on the windows logo for a little while and then the rest of the bootup takes under 10 seconds.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 7 multiple times and the boot only seems to get slow once I start using it and installing applications.

I was wondering if anyone knew why this happens or how to diagnose what is slowing it down. Is there a way to see a live log of Windows startup?

2. mmullen2

mmullen2

Recheck your data cables. For pauses at the logo usually indicates a hardware issue. From msconfig you can activate bootlogging and check the file ntbtlog.txt (not sure of this file name) in windows folder.

3. Johnny2K

Johnny2K

Try making a WIn 7 repair disc, then choose the first option.

[​IMG]

4. jonow

jonow Thread Starter

It is a laptop so its kind of a pain to get back to the SSD, but I am 99% sure it is sitting in there correctly.

I have enabled boot logging in msconfig and I will see if the log has any useful information when I get a chance to restart.

And I am pretty sure its not due to OS corruption since it has happened on multiple installations and occurs only after I install a bunch of software.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice