windows boot up issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kelseyferl

I just recently updated my nvidia drivers from 71.89 to 77.72, and ever since windows refuses to boot normally. It gets past the motherboard stuff, and goes to where windows would boot, but just sits there black screen. I then restart it, and in the same place an error comes up saying "windows wasnt shut down properly..." and has me choose how i want to boot (safe mode, regular, etc). I did system restore and i reverted the drivers back to see if that'd do anything and it didnt. Any ideas what could have caused this and how to fix it? any help would be appreciated.

I attached dxdiag for system spec reasons just cause im lazy heh

Attachments

is the video card onboard or into a expansion slot (PCI or AGP)

do you have a onboard video card on the motherbaord?

Can you start the pc in safe mode (when the PC boot just before XP starts to load press F8)

kelseyferl

nope, no onboard, and yes i can boot it in safemode and bring up that menu with all the other selections before it freaks and doesnt boot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts