1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows boots into black screen with cursor after installing ubuntu

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BoyTitan, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoyTitan

BoyTitan Thread Starter

On the grub menu windows and ubuntu are both listed as they should be, All windows options even in f8 after the load screen with the bar goes into a black screen with my cursor instead of my login screen. Repair you computer works start up repair says nonthing is wrong. I can acces ubuntu fine. All my windows files can be accesed in ubuntu i can even use some of them with wine. Start up repair says there is no issue.

I checked this in command prompt btw.This mite be helpful how my hard drive is set up acer hds come like this the patrition is split on 2 hds I feel this is the issue.

Or could it be disk 0-4 which is my built in memory card reader I can go inside and disconnect that.

[​IMG]

2. BoyTitan

BoyTitan Thread Starter

Bump I checked more is this right should any of that stuff be in d and not c or is that for ubuntu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so, do you get anything other than a black screen?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1075297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice