1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows BSOD after connecting to the Internet

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by the_machine, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_machine

the_machine Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a computer with Windows XP installed. After a couple of minutes of browsing the internet, the system crashes with the much despised Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD). I havent been able to see, what error shows up in there, as it disappears quickly for the machine to reboot again. The crash occurs only when connected to the internet.
    I checked for the Ethernet adapter installed on the machine, which is : RealTek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC.
    I downloaded a fresh driver for the same, and installed the ethernet drivers on the machine again. But got the same BSOD, after say 4 mins of browsing the internet.
    I have attached the dmp file, found in C:/Windows/Minidump , for the crash that occured.
    Please advice, what is causing the crashes.

Attached Files:

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

I'm afraid the dumprep is scrambled for me - that could just be my WinZip playing up, of course. Which browser were you using and is it up to date? Was a pop-up blocker in place at the time?

To work around the possibility of a flawed dumprep, can you please go into Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer and look for clues in the Applications and System logs for the relevant time when this happened?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice