1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows cannot communicate with ram

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slumpy, Aug 11, 2018 at 4:41 PM.

1. slumpy

slumpy Thread Starter

i dont know why my windows is not respoding to anything i am doing it is really weird it is really going slow and reseting every time and not respoding

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, first of all no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. In order to help you, you need to post a LOT more info. Post the following; exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact ram, exact video card [if used] exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.
    If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag#

Next the title of your post says you cannot communicate with ram. How exactly did you determine this state of events? Is your ram not showing full capacity ie 16gig of ram installed however only showing 8gig or what?

Have you checked temps and voltages? If not, do so. First read your manual as to how to enter the bios ie what key or key combo to hit during POST. Find the hardware section and you should see the relevant info. Again, we have no idea what you are running so giving you any more than very basic instructions is impossible.

AmateurJohn likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice