1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved windows cannot connect to internet using HTTP or HTTPS or FT

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Michayla, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Michayla

Michayla Thread Starter

Hello my computer is connected to wireless Internet but I cant use browser. I used diagnosis on laptop and it says
    windows cannot connect to internet using HTTP or HTTPS or FT this is probably caused by firewall settings on this computer. I have an acer aspire one laptop windows xp. What should I do?

Attached Files:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    A good first step is to check your firewall settings. And if you are using a security suite or anti-virus check to see if the data definitions are out of date, as some will block most internet access in an out-of-date situation.

What do you mean by "connected to wireless Internet"? If you mean connected to a wireless LAN and has internet access, how do you know it has internet access?

3. Michayla

Michayla Thread Starter

Yes LAN wireless connection it shows that it is connected in the pic I sent. This computer was also factory reset before it was given to me. So there is no antivirus setup right now. And what is data definitions?

Attached Files:

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're sure that Acer did not include a trial of Norton or McAfee or another security suite?

The information that anti-virus programs use to try to detect malware.

5. Michayla

Michayla Thread Starter

I do have McAfee sorry I keep sending messages to your email instead of the forum by accident.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Uninstall McAfee and see if that helps.

Email must be slow or not working, as I have received none.

7. Michayla

Michayla Thread Starter

It worked thank you omg! I was about ready to throw this laptop off of cliff!!

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

9. lynx1021

lynx1021

I my opinion I had McAfee on windows 98 when I first started and I threw it off a cliff!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice