1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows cannot connect to my Verizon hotspot

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by CoffeeFanatic, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CoffeeFanatic

CoffeeFanatic Thread Starter

I have a 4G LTE hotspot from Verizon and a Netgear genie N300 Wireless USB Adapter for my HP Pavilion and I'm running Windows Vista. My internet connection used to work fine, but today when I tried to connect it said 'this network is marked as a "hidden" network and is either not in range of this computer or the wireless settings saved on this computer do not match the settings of the network'. However, the hotspot is right next to the wireless adapter and I reset the password saved on the computer and it matches exactly. I've reset the computer and hotspot several times, no luck.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The SSID Broadcast is enabled, right?

Remove the wireless profile from the computer. Disable encryption on the router (hotspot) and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

3. CoffeeFanatic

It is enabled. I don't know how to disable the encryption

4. CoffeeFanatic

I just remembered that the problem started after I ran FixBee Disk Optimizer if that helps at all. AlsoM I just used revo to uninstall the netgear adapter and reinstalled, still no luck

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Login to the router, navigate to the wireless section and set the Encryption (or Security) Mode to 'none' or 'off' or similar. Consult the user guide for specifics.

6. CoffeeFanatic

I'm using the jetpack from verizon wireless so I can't log into it on my computer and there is no security option on the device

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    That's extremely strange; thought you meant the encryption key when you said "reset the password saved on the computer and it matches exactly." Guess it's different from the Jetpack described in this manual (p. 52 for wireless security).

8. CoffeeFanatic

I'm pretty sure that it is the encryption key, but there is no encryption or security option on the device. Also, I can't get to that manual because my computer has no internet access so I'm on here using my Android. However, the paper manual I got with the device is only has 19 pages.

9. CoffeeFanatic

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice