windows cannot display some web graphics

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Solthoros

I completely rebooted windows xp a week ago. I didn't have the drivers on discs, so my roommate downloaded them for me and installed them via flashdrive. My computer has not displayed the graphics on websites correctly since (such as the youtube logo). It's hard to describe, so i attached some screenshots. (Hopefully I did that correctly)
The same problem occurs with firefox AND internet explorer.
Any ideas?

Specs:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114463 MB, Free - 36946 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0YD479
Antivirus: None

Attachments

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Make sure you have the correct driver for your Graphics Card (ATI Mobility Radeon X1400).

Solthoros

I had java installed already. I reinstalled it with the link you gave me but the same problem still occurs :(

Solthoros

Yes. All my roommates's computers work fine. I tried bypassing it but for some reason it won't connect. Either way, there are 4 other computers here that use the router that do not have the problem I do, so i don't think it's the router.

on a Dell laptop. After trying several things on different forums finally just created a different user on a whim. VOILA! Must be a user setting somewhere but cannot find it. Any ideas??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online