1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Cannot Find Setup.bat Problem.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Crazd, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crazd

Crazd Thread Starter

Problem:

yes, downloaded a game blah blah, will be flamed don't care, but the main issue is

whenever i double click the Setup.bat file, it'll come up with the 'Windows cannot find 'location of the setup.bat file'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again, To search for the file, click the Start button, and then click Search'

now i feel i've exhusted all ways to fix this, googled for hours on end, either it leads to nothing, confusing as hell or it just doesn't plain old work, or well gotta pay for the fix, BLEH.

all i ask for is a solution, a guide to fix it, i don't care what it includes aslong as not a full reformat

Possible Reason On Why This Has Occured:

well i believe the reason is, and pretty sure it is, Spybot is blocking it, or it has blocked all .bat (batch) files completely

i was doing something and then spybot poped up with a Allow Change, Block Change thing, and i was in a rush and just hit Enter, and it was alligned on Block Change, and after that none of the setup.bat's would work

so is there a way to unblock it with spybot?

or is there another way to fix it?

just please, post a solution with a step by step guide if you can solve this problem for me...i've really had it with this.

-Crazd.:mad:

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

If the game has been downloaded through file sharing applications (P2P, torrents...), we do care and will not assist you with the issue. Please read the rules:
    If Spybot is blocking it, you're lucky it's protectiong your computer from a most likely nasty, and you should leave it blocked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/835691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice