1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows cannot read from this disk ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by zephyrbaby, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zephyrbaby

zephyrbaby Thread Starter

I am having trouble installing Sims 2 Deluxe. My driver does not read the disk at all, instead I get a message saying,

Windows Cannot Read From This Disk, The Disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatiable with windows.

I am 100% sure that the disk is not corrupt, as I have installed it on 2 other computers. Also, the bonus dvd disk that comes with the deluxe pack works fine.

My Dvd/Cd Drive is: LITE-ON-DVD+RWSOHW-8225

My computer specs are: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002
    64 Processor
    512MB of RAM

Any Help will be highly appreciated.

PS. I am not very computer illiterate. :eek:

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I don't think you are permitted to install the game on more than one computer, are you?

3. ACA529

ACA529

Why wouldn't you be? Of course it's allowed. :confused: :)

4. ~Candy~

Don't you need the cd in the drive to play the game??????????????????? Do you have a link to the EULA?

5. ACA529

ACA529

What? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Of course you're allowed to install games on more than one computer. You just keep switching the discs between them. Now, using cracks is where the legality of things starts to come in.

Installing PC games on more than one computer is not illegal at all. :)

6. ~Candy~

You mean, like you keep switching the disks between other software? :confused:

I've asked you to back up your claim...either put up or shut up. I will admit that I'm not into gaming, but, I certainly can't imagine being able to buy one copy of a game and install it on multiple computers.

SHOW ME THE EULA....please.

7. ACA529

ACA529

I'm not going to go hunting for EULA's.... but I bet almost every member who posts in the Games section will agree with me. :p

8. ~Candy~

I'm not looking for agreement. I'm looking for legality ;)

Every person using P2P stealing programs would probably agree with you too, that doesn't make it within our forum rules though ;)

I'm going to close this thread, anyone who can prove to me that it's legal to install one SIMS game cd on multiple computers, please feel free to email me or another mod or administrator.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice