1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows cannot turn on Firewall/ICS service?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AJPR123, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AJPR123

AJPR123 Thread Starter

I recently installed Norton 360, ever since then, my wireless internet connection does not work.
    I'm using a TP link wireless adapter, I'm on windows XP SP3, I've tried the "Winsock Reset" stuff, so I'd just really like some help on what to do, what's gone wrong, and how to fix it. I'm fairly aware that it is most likely norton that caused this, yes I have uninstalled it, used the norton removal tool, and I have reinstalled it and used the removal tool several times. What now?

2. dbailey18

dbailey18

Did you create a system restore point before all of this ? Just remember if you chose to use a restore point before this all took place you will loose anything you have installed after that restore point .

3. AJPR123

AJPR123 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I have done several system restores. So yes I have done a system restore, I've gone days weeks and even a month back in my system restores to try to revert whatever happened here, I'm still having no luck with the problem.

4. dbailey18

dbailey18

After preforming the system restores did this correct the Firewall/ICS service ?

5. AJPR123

AJPR123 Thread Starter

No it did not fix the firewall, like I said before, ever since I installed Norton 360, my computer has loads of problems now, I have looked at some Norton/Sympatic forums, but they all do not have a straight answer on what's wrong, and how to fix it.

6. dbailey18

dbailey18

Could you post your system spec's here .
    Go to this page and post here .

http://forums.techguy.org/site-comments-suggestions/949357-download-tsg-sysinfo.html

Then :
    Run this and let us know the results when your done . Oh please read the instructions before you use it as it may or will make some changes to your system . If un sure how to use come back will try and explain it further .

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

NOTE: When SFC runs, it logs it's actions into the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. The steps in this option will show you how to see only the specific SFC entries with the [SR] tags in this CBS.log. This can be helpful to show you what files SFC could not fix automatically if any . If there are some files post them here . What kind of errors are showing up in event viewer ?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1121323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice