Windows can't communicate (Primary DNS Problem)

davidbon

Hello, I found the Primary DNS Problem from some days back. Firstly I thought this is an Internet Connectivity issue. but I will try to browse something on a different PC, the Internet works fine, I am very frustrated about this, I searched many of the videos on Youtube. and also do reset my Router as well, but the problem is the same as previous. I am not able to understand what is the issue. Please help me to out this, waiting for Your Suggestion?

TerryNet

Terry
waiting for Your Suggestion?
EDIT (12/15/2020): I don't know why much of the following had a strike thru. Just now fixed it.

My suggestion is for you to describe your problem. "same as previous" doesn't give us anything to go on.

If this is a networking issue please also ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
(In Windows 10 you may have to use some other procedure to get a Command Prompt window.)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after ths command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

Last edited:

gulshannegi

Gulshan
Hi @davidbon
This issue may occur due to the IP Address. check your IP Address by following the below steps.
1: Open the RUN utility.
2: Type IPCONFIG/ALL command
3: This will show the IP Address
to reset your Connection Setting you can type the below command.
1: open run utility
2: type the below commands

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

then close the command prompt and then restart your PC, hope this will solve your Problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online