1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows central user server without domain

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by VTJoeK, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VTJoeK

VTJoeK Thread Starter

I am trying to help a friend set up a small business office (less than 10 users) with some sort of central user database so they can log into each computer with the same profile and password authentication. He has computers using XP and 2000 and a central server just acting as one to store files (Server is not loaded on it). Without an Active Directory, how can I setup centralized authentication. The only thing I am used to is Active Directory. Any help[ would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You cant setup centralized authentication without a server. If you want all your users to be able to logon to every computer in your office they would have to be connected to a domain or you will have to setup their username and password on every computer.

3. VTJoeK

VTJoeK Thread Starter

That is what I thought, but I figured if anyone would know a better way, it would be you guys.

Thanks,

Joe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice