Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

windows closing

719 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ozrom1e 
#1 ·
Hello,
I'm having problems with keeping folders open on my computer. Since Im not very technical I'll just explain the process and problem.
I wish to access a video file (.avi) on my computer so i open up my comp, open the required drive, and select the appropriate folder. When in the folder sometimes the window displaying the files will shut down after one or two seconds displaying the the message that windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close (sometimes this only happens after clicking on an actual file, depends on the folder.) I'm not sure why or if its a virus of some sort (I have an up-to-date version of Norton protection centre which doesn't detect anything), any help would be much appreciated because its becoming quite an annoyance not being able to access files.
(the files worked fine before so i know its not because of them.)
Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
the player i use is vlc media player and i have all the necessary codecs (divx) because the files have worked for me in the past just fine its only been recently that windows (not the player, the window displaying the files.) close without reason after only a few seconds of being open, even without clicking on any of the files sometimes.
I'm pretty sure those three arnt the problem because of this.
Thank you for replying.
more help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
when u access the folder the Windows start to load the file for viewing it...
check the in File Types how the Explorer opens the files maybe the command is casuing the problem..
try removing any program association from the FileTypes menu.. maybe if no programs open the file it wont cause the program so u can check which program can cause when associate once again..

#5 ·
I deleted vlc media player to see if that was the cause and nothing changed so i went on to delete further programs which have been installed recently. I'd check every time to see if the problem was still there or not. the program which seems to have been causing the problem was apple device detector(or maybe the apple auto update, i deleted them at the same time). I don't know why I'm just reporting in case others have the same problem.

Thank you so much for the advice TD master. :up: :D :up:

#6 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.