Windows color problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

picturequeen

Hi,

I seem to have a color problem with windows. when I reboot, the computer changes the apperence color and it won't let me change the color to 256. I beleive it started when I was using MS Paint and it's been doing that since. I was wondering what you think might be the problem and if you would be able to help me with a solution.

Right click on the my computer icon>choose properties>device manager>expand display adapters>click on what is listed>click properties>driver tab>update driver>when finished click remove and then restart your system. It should pick it back up when it comes up.

picturequeen

Hi,
thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't work, it's still the same as before. would you possibly have anything else?

thank you
picturequeen

You completely removed it and restarted and nothing changed? Can you post what the name of it is?

Del

I had a similar problem once with Windows 98, only one video adapter in Device Manager and I would change it, then the default one would come back.
I finally went into the Safe Mode and went to Device Manager and lo and behold, there was the two video adapters, removed them both, rebooted and installed the correct one and fixed the problem.
Hope this helps you,
Del

picturequeen

Hey Doyce,

the name of the adapter is SiS 530, I updated it, removed it and still the same.

Also make sure your monitor size is listed correctly. If you have netmeeting running in the tray that will also keep you from changing display settings.

picturequeen

Hey Rockn,

where would I go to check if my monitor size is listed properly? :confused: sorry about all the questions, I am familiar with a comp, but not an expert but I feel bad always asking so many questions. thank you to all who have helped me. :cool: :)

picturequeen :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online