1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows\config\system missing!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dolfin007, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dolfin007

Dolfin007 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I am in dire need assistance with my Toshiba laptop. I ran into the \windows\config\system missing error. I did all the fixing recommended, copied all the files nessacary but then I run into a bigger problem....

Now my computer loads up in the screen where you access safe mode and restart at the last work configuration but after you choose ANY option it looks like its going to load into Windows but just restarts. How do I fix this issue and restart windows.

Otherwise, how to I access in ENGLISH the System Volume Information files and what is the step by step procedure to restore.

HELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

3. Dolfin007

Dolfin007 Thread Starter

I tried that but we are back to the same issue, I get the Windows did not start successfully screen and the list for safe mode, etc comes up. It just keeps reseting back to the same screen. =(

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Which one (if not both) did you copy over?

The System Restore files cannot be restored unless Windows is running (unless you have ERD 2005 or similar).

5. Dolfin007

Dolfin007 Thread Starter

Well darn, it was worth a try.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!