1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows copy not genuine?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Delphiansoul, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Delphiansoul

Delphiansoul Thread Starter

Hi

I have had my laptop for over 2 years now, and today it has popped up with a window telling me my windows copy is not genuine?? I have no desktop or anything, it's basically allowed me to log on to the internet so I can buy a genuine copy of windows Vista, but it is a genuine copy, I bought the laptop brand new with the copy installed, and it has been fine for 2 years....Can someone tell me how to sort this problem out please?

Thanks

Lisa

2. DaveA

DaveA It's My Birthday! Trusted Advisor

Call the OEM that made this laptop, and ask what is going on?
    If that does not work, then call Microsoft.

3. chippynut

chippynut

I had the same thing happen yesterday when trying to install IE 8, It told me several times that my copy of xp was invalid but i just ignored that and tried several times in the end it told me it was a valid copy, So this is just a computer error at the other end, keep trying.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916876