Windows critical updates. Should they always come from MS servers?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jrx10

Seems like previously I connected to Microsoft servers for windows updates (at least the download IPs were listed by ARIN as MS. . I'm in the process of reinstalling windows and after installing what seemed to be a ton of validation stuff, I got about 30 critical updates on the 1st run, then I checked it again and it said I got them all and no more were listed to download. I decided to recheck a day later after installing my FW, and it showed that I needed about 30 more critical updates and when the downloads started they were coming from 4 IPs listed to Level 3 communications, Broomfield, Co. This seemed strange to me, as 1) why does MS say on the 1st run for critical updates that you've got them all, and the very next day you need 30 more (are they limiting how many critical updates you can download at a time?). 2) In the US, do windows critical updates not come direct from MS servers anymore? or servers that are listed by ARIN as MS? (for some reason this bothers me). Does your copy of windows verify somehow that these critical updates are the real deal from MS?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online