Windows default application settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dunnjt10

Recently when I open a Word document, it will open in Wordpad instead of Word. This messes up the formatting. Could some one tell me where/how to reset the default word proccessor to Word instead of Wordpad ?

Thank you for any help and suggestions.
Happy Saint Patricks Day to All,
Jerry D.

I think, if you right click and "Open With" you can choose to "use this setting for this file type from now on" or something like that. Don't be shocked if I completely missed the mark.

dunnjt10

Thanks. I'll give that a try with "saved" documents.
How's about when i get a document in email. When I double click to open the document, it always opens in WordPad, not Word. Thus messing up the formatting. What's up with that? Can you help?
Jerry D.

I think you can go into the Options of Word and set it as the default, honestly I don't even have a clue where on this planet my Office CD is let alone have Word installed on my computer right now :p

So I'd look in the Options to see if you can set it as the default for .doc files etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online