Windows Defender on Win 8.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Beta19

Adam
Does anyone on here use Windows Defender as antispyware/antivirus on their Windows 8.1 computer. I personally do and like it, I am just curious to see if anyone else uses it and what do they think of it. It seems to be just as good as other antivirus programs that I have used in the past, but that is my opinion. ;)

Thanks,

Adam

Beta19

Adam
Thanks Brandon, I just haven't heard many people talk about it.

A lot of people compare Windows 8 Windows Defender to Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows 7 but it's like comparing a poodle to a St Bernard. It's a lot better and offers antimalware too.

Beta19

Adam
I can see a difference in it. The interface looks the same to me, but it seems to scan better.

I currently use it. It is adequate. But that box is not my main one, and I don't use that box often.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online