windows defender

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sstocchi

I'm trying to turn on windows defender and when i do i'm getting messege this program is turned off. When i try to turn it on I get a messege program is blocked by group policy..any ideas?

aka Brett

Banned
I'm trying to turn on windows defender and when i do i'm getting messege this program is turned off. When i try to turn it on I get a messege program is blocked by group policy..any ideas?
Many av solutions turn off windows defender ...this may be what is going on..as stated above it is not a good tool for protection anyway /and should not be turned on if you have other real time protection

Snagglegaster

Banned
While I think that Windows Defender is one of the worst antimalware products around, the fact that you can't turn it on is likely to be indicative of a malware infection. If you are running Microsoft Security Essentials, Defender should be disabled automatically when MSE installs, and you shouldn't be able to restart it.

Snagglegaster

Banned
Windows Defender is crap and unfortunately can't be uninstalled in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
That's true, but you can disable Defender in both OS. And I would most certainly agree that's a good idea.

aka Brett

Banned
For free I recommend Comodo....their AV wasnt to great in the past but is top notch as of current

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online