1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows - Delayed Write Failed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by PageDown, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PageDown

PageDown Thread Starter

For the past few days, I always receive this error message:

"Windows unable to save all the data for the file D:\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save the file elsewhere."

With this problem, I can't seem to access my drive D: although it can be viewed in the explorer. My system date gone haywire too.

What seems to be the cause of this problem? I don't have any problem in my network connection.

Please help... Thakns.

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

Sounds like a failing D drive.

3. PageDown

PageDown Thread Starter

But there's no bad sector when I chkdsk it. Also, everytime I boot my pc, it always go on CHKDSK the D drive and also, the system date is incorrect.

1) What's causing this problem? Is the CMOS battery almost dead?
    2) How to replace the CMOS battery?
    3) How will I by-pass the chkdsk process?

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

The cmos battery is located on the motherboard, looks like a watch battery, very easy to replace. Definitely worth a shot.

Usually you can press the space bar or enter key to bypass chkdsk.

A drive can still run chkdsk and be failing.

5. PageDown

PageDown Thread Starter

But the thing is eventhough I press the spacebar or any key from the keyboard, the chkdsk still continues. Even the muse is no use.

6. Bernardo

Bernardo

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice