1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows detected a hard disk problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Photoray, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Photoray

Photoray Thread Starter

I get this warning constantly all of the sudden about my secondary HDD that I store files on. I ran CHKDSK /f F: and came up with no errors found, yet I still get the warning everytime I start up and periodically during operating. Suggestions needed. :confused:
    [​IMG]

Also, ran the TSG sys utility that was sugessted here before posting and it reports Defender is disabled, yet Windows tells me its not. ???
    I will run some various Malware scans but wondered if this is just an error with TSG and Win8.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16344 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, 2047 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 237945 MB, Free - 145456 MB; F: Total - 1430796 MB, Free - 321938 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z77X-UD5H
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Your links to "Skydrive" are useless.

3. Photoray

Photoray Thread Starter

sorry its show on the post for me. I dont know what else to do for it. Maybe you have a better suggestion that's actually helpful rather than rude? and I only have one link on there.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It shows for you since you have access to the files, we don't.

Checkout http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot
    I do not like the use of the "Alternative: Uploading for general use" in the above link. It does NOT always work.

The above method will copy the image(s) to the TechGuys servers.
    Just save the screen shots to a local "Junk" folder and use that location instead of the Skydrive.

5. Photoray

Photoray Thread Starter

Thank you.
    The Attach Files link was not working at the time of the original post. I dont know why, I assumed I was not privy to it so I tried using a link instead.

The drive was failing, Windows was reporting it but would not find anything wrong when I ran CHKDSK. I downloaded Diskcheckup today and it showed a failure on the drive. I will replace it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1103264

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice