Windows does not detect Wireless network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CD ROM

I have a laptop that decided it does not detect the network. It worked fine until two days ago. I have not changed anything on the computer. My other laptop and printer work ok with the wireless router network system. But this one has decided it does not "see" the router network. The device manager shows no problems with the network adapter. I am lost now. What to do?

NICK G

Banned
If something worked and then quit working without doing anything out of the ordinary,
my first try is usually a System Restore to a date when known to work properly.
That will undo any registry changes that may have taken place for whatever reasons.
This most always my first action and has done wonders for a botched update and the likes.
Good luck.:)

TerryNet

Terry
Are you using an integrated wireless adapter? If so, is it switched on?

sometimes the wireless adapter can get turhed off by accident
if you cant find any networks this most likely the case

NICK G

Banned
You guys may be right. My HP switch is way out of the way but I have seen some
right near the front that is pretty easy to switch off accidentally.
I guess one could also go to Control Panel/Network Connections and right click
wireless adapter and make sure it is enabled. If disabled, enable will turn it on.
Just guessing here. Good luck.:)

that wont help as control panel will say its working
try clicking on connect to
or check system properties

NICK G

Banned
Who knows what helps or not without feedback from the OP?
I can fire and hit something in the dark as well as anyone.:)

if your wireless adapter can not find any networks the problem is hard ware either wireless is dsiabled or there is problem with driver
what else can there be
find some one with micro scope who will do a full system check
i use it my self and it never lets me down
where is your location

CD ROM

Thanks. The Wireless switch is on. When I click on connect to a network the response is no networks found. The device manager shows the network adapter "working properly". I also tried restoring to an earlier date. That did not help. Must be something simple that I do not see.

TerryNet

Terry
Perhaps the antenna lead is loose. Try it a couple feet from the router. Better, remove the bottom cover over the wireless adapter and check the antenna lead(s).

if you have another computer
determine if that one can find any networks
you could have sticky key
try turning ogg and on wirelesss switch a few times to see if this resolves issue

CD ROM

Hi Tinsom, I did that. no luck. The other computer recognizes the network and works well through it. There are two other networks sensed by the working computer. The malfunctioning one recognizes none of them.
Thanks.

sound like that for me also
what changes have been made to your system
prob best to uninstall
driver of net work card restart sytem and re install driver
or do a driver roll back

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online