1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows doesnt load?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by eXc4L, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eXc4L

eXc4L Thread Starter

K, so a little background info first. I haven't used this computer in a month or so, so I go back to boot it up. I plug in all my stuff, keyboard, mouse, monitor etc. Only difference is im using an old LCD monitor. So I boot up the computer and my Asus Motherboard screen comes on as usual, then the next screen appears, and then Windows is supposed to boot, except it doesnt. The Windows XP PRO screen with the loading bar doesn't even show up.

Things I have tried: Safe mode, when I use safe mode, it begins to boot all the hardware stuff then it suddenly stops after this one hardware thing and nothing happens.

My hardware:
    Windows XP Professional
    Asus A8NV-Deluxe SLI
    AMD X2 4400+
    Corsair XMS PRO 2GB
    Maxtor 200GB Hardrive
    Nvidia 7800 GTX 256 MB
    Enermax 535 Watt Power Supply

So my question is, whats wrong??? Could it be because my monitor is soo old that its not displaying windows correctly? It works on an old computer using an old graphics card w/ vga output. What else could be the problem? I haven't done anything new to it. BTW, nothing is overclocked. Help wld be appreciated.

2. chatterjee

chatterjee

The problem can be with your RAM modules.Please do open up your cabinet and re-insert the RAM modules to see if it fixes.Also pls do check if the monitor is getting power and it is on.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It's possible that the problem is with the LCD monitor if the Windows drivers have loaded, they could be setting the refresh rate too high (greater than 60 Hz) and the LCD will blank to prevent damage.

But I would expect that would occur slightly later in the process. That you see the ASUS screen suggests the PC is passing POST ok, so try tapping F8 twice a second from power up, if Windows is actually loading (invisibly at present) then it will do so in Safe Mode after giving you a menu to select Safe Mode without Networking.

If you get that far, then set the refresh rate to 60 Hz and reboot.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Oh, and chatterjee, the monitor must have power as it is, note he says he gets the ASUS screen OK. That needs power and indicates the monitor is working.

5. chatterjee

chatterjee

Recently,I faced the same problem and when I tried to boot the machine in safe mode the machine hanged.I called my vendor to fix the problem and he said that the problem was with RAM.Did you try re-inserting your RAM modules?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice