1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows error recovery page

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by polycera, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polycera

polycera Thread Starter

Gateway laptop, I believe Windows Vista.

Trying to start computer and goes to 'windows error recovery page' giving me a choice between startup recovery launch or start windows normally.

When clicking on start windows normally -
    Goes through starting and restarts and ends back to the same windows error recovery page.

When clicking on launch startup repair -
    Startup Repair: Startup Repair is checking your system for problems...
    Receive: microsoft Windows - startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically - send info about this problem or don't send

choosing to send info - I receive a box that says click finish to exit and shut down your computer. Also has links to choose between
    View diagnostic and repair details
    View advanced options for system recovery and support

CHOOSING Diagnostic and repair system - Check successful, Error codes are 0x0
    "Root cause found:
    Startup Repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem."

CHOOSING System Recovery Options I receive a box that states "To access recovery options, log on as a local user. To access the command prompt as well, log on using and administrator account. When trying to login and password I receive the following message "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice