1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Explore

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by [email protected], Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billjh@centu

[email protected] Thread Starter

I forgot, but how do you resize the icons in explore. Right now they are overlapping ?
    OS XP Professional SP3.

Thanks,

Billjh

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    What do you mean by resize? If you want to prevent them from overlapping you can activate "snap to grid"

1. Right-click on your Desktop. 2. Select, from at or near the top of the menu Arrange Icons By.
    3. There will be one option called Align to Grid with/without a check mark next to it.
    4. If there is a check mark next to it you will disablethe feature, and if there isn’t one you will enable it.

If you actually have so many icons that they can't fit you can indeed decrease their size, bearing in mind that this might ruin the look of some icons which were designed for a 32x32 square.

1. Right Click on the Desktop and Choose Properties
    2. In the Properties Window click on the Appearance Tab at the top.
    3. In the Appearance Window click on the button called Advanced.
    4. In the Advanced Appearance Window choose Item: from the drop down list and choose Icon and you can choose desired Icon size.

By default many users will see 32 x 32 pixels but this can be changed to whatever you want.

In my opinion the best option is to reorganize things a bit so that you don't have all that clutter on your desktop, but that is a matter of preference. I personally keep projects I'm currently working on on my desktop and nothing else. Shortcuts to a dozen or so programs you use regularly can be useful, but you don't want too many. My point is either use the inbuilt organization structure or define your own, but keeping the system organized is incredibly useful.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice