1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Explorer Crashes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jehovius, Oct 27, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. jehovius

jehovius Thread Starter

I can't access my files especially if it is on windows explorer. Also if i press the start button and search, automatically windows explorer crashes. From what i've remembered, I installed LoL and after i tried to play it, i received an error that my windows explorer is not responding. Also before the installation, I updated my drivers using Driver Booster Pro. The drivers updated were PhysX, ActiveX, NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device, RealTek High Definition Audio. I also tried full scan using Avast but now I uninstalled it. I also tried system file scanner and still nothing. The error also shows something about PROPSYS.DLL too. I can't show the error because everytime windows explorer crashes, it automatically says "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.."

This computer is old so here's the specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2815 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 48 GB (15 GB Free); D: 100 GB (93 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Emaxx Technologies, Inc, EMX-MCP61D3-iCafe
    Antivirus: None

Please help me. Thank youuu

2. jehovius

jehovius Thread Starter

3. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Have you tried using Windows' "System Restore" to roll Windows back to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly? It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

How To Restore Your System To An Earlier Point

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Using software like Driver Booster Pro may not work as intended... you should only use the vendors site.

Can you go into Safe Mode and see if Windows Explorer works?

5. jehovius

jehovius Thread Starter

Yes, I've tried to use System Restore. All the available restore points are new but the error already existed before so it won't work.

Btw, is there any other way to replace windows dll files? I'm just using command prompt to access my files.

6. jehovius

jehovius Thread Starter

I've tried that too but windows explorer still crashes. I can't even delete files on the desktop or search something on windows because windows explorer automatically crashes.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Run the SFC too: in the run/search box, type sfc /scannow to see if it can resolve this.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice