1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Explorer crashing every time I open download folder

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tsukihanyou, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukihanyou

tsukihanyou Thread Starter

Hello all.
    I have been having an issue for the past couple of days. I cannot open my downloads folder. Since I'm using Chrome, this is a bit of a problem. Every time I open it, Windows Explorer restarts. It does not reopen the folder, however. I have run virus scans on the folder and my computer and found nothing. I have a x64 bit Windows 7 computer. It is a Compaq with 4 gigs of RAM.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Just for an experiment, can you copy this downloaded folder to another folder, say a Temp folder or one that you created for yourself, if yes, then try opening your downloaded folder from there.
    This is just a test to see if your "Downloaded folder" might have some special Administrative rights or not.

Good luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice