Windows Explorer Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cris 3

When running Control Panel in XP, I get the message "windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close....". The error detail refers to ntdll.dll

Any suggestions?

cris 3

The problem is very recent and I've had XP for over a year. The only recent change is is worm blaster patch

Not sure I trust SP1, having read a lot problems and complaints with it.

I see you have a thread open for this issues already: http://forums.techguy.org/t162036/s485fbc4f065fff4f5d52620af8f0447a.html

Please don't open multiple threads for the same problem.

You can try running the Internet Explorer 5 Repair tool after clearing the History and Temporary Internet Files:
Right-click the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop, and then click Properties.
Click Delete Temporary Internet Files.
Click Clear History, and then click OK.
Click Start, click Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
Click Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 and Internet Tools, then click Add/Remove.
Click Repair Internet Explorer, and then click OK.
Restart your computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online