1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows explorer (explorer.scf) does not work from MSOffice short cut bar

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by preet_kumar, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preet_kumar

preet_kumar Thread Starter

The windows explorer command (not explorer.exe) works from the quick launch tool bar but does not work from the MS Office tool bar; the error message is 'there was a problem sending the command to the program'. Previously, it worked from this tool bar, and then stopped working. All other commands from this tool bar including explorer.exe work. However, Explorer.exe starts with 'My documents and one has then to get to c:\ after expanding 'my computer'. Explorer.scf works when it is double clicked in the folder in which the buttons of the MSOffice tool bar are stored.

I would like to know why explorer.scf does not work from the MSOffice tool bar, and what can be done to fix this; what does the extension *.scf mean?

Is there a way that one can change the position of folders in the Windows explorer? e.g. to have 'My Computer' rather than my documents on the top?

Thank you,
    Preet

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/242640

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice