1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Explorer has stopped working. Fault: MSVCR80.dll

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by integra1, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. integra1

integra1 Thread Starter

Hello, every time my computer restarts a explorer.exe crashes. the fault module is msvcr80.dll. I've tried various things suggested on other websites like as running "sfc /scannnow" in the command prompt, doing a system restore and booting in safe mode.

In safe mode. everything is OK. I ran Malwarebytes and turned out nothing. I disabled the startup processes and it still crashes.

It seems to have started after I created an .mkv file from "mkvmerge." I uninstalled same problem, Reinstall same problem.

The exact error is this:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Explorer.exe
    Application Version: 6.1.7600.16450
    Application Timestamp: 4aeba271
    Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a2752ff
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000153fe
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I noticed that when I "Restart the program" in the error message and have the Task Manager opened, dllhost.exe appears then disappears. I know msvcr80.dll and dllhos.exe are part of the dynamic library.

Even though I disabled the start ups, a SolidWorks programs still runs, sldShellExtServer.exe. When I end process and "Restart the program" it reappears.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice