1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows explorer has stopped working help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Fastlane247, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi i recently formated my computer using windows vista home premium which i had on before but needed a cleanup. After i formated everytime i put a burned cd in and start copying files to my computer i get this error: windows explorer has stopped working then i get another one saying windows explorer is restarting and it restarts my explorer closing all the windows. Anyone happen to have a solution for this it would be great, i have also formated 2x so that does not work either. thanks

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Could be a RAM issue?
    Have you been inside the machine?

3. Fastlane247

Not really but this problem wasnt there until i formated as far as i can recall... however i never really used it much before. I was just wondering if there may be a driver issue or possibly a windows update that is available for this, other than that one issue everything runs fine no problems unless i put a burnt dvd or cd in and use it... so it seems to be related directly with the drive i would think.

4. Fastlane247

Ok it seems to happen even if im not using a cd so it is windows explorer, im doing some updates i found ill post if it fixes the problem

5. Fastlane247

Ok to make this even more confusing now i can open up any window in windows explorer and nothing happens but if i have any winows open then open my comptuer it gets that error...like ony my computer it seems... that is quite a pickle if you ask me.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Why did you need to format your drive?

7. Fastlane247

Ok i think i fixed it, before i only had 1 user account on this computer, when i formated i had 3 and i just got rid of the extra 2, since i got rid of the 2 extra user accounts i have not had this problem happen, apparently with vista you can only have 1 user account. or when i set up the 2 other user accounts i did something wrong. I will try out a few things and see if i can figure out why it does this but as for the issue i think it is resolved for the most part. thanks for the help.

8. Fastlane247

Ok i was wrong it just happened again, so i have no clue as far as i can see vista is just a buggy OS. I just don't understand why it is happening only after i have formated it. I formated originally just to cleanup the computer, had been about a year since i last formated.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650208

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice