1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working / Vista 64 Ultimate / New Mobo/New CPU

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Cptkyle789, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cptkyle789

Cptkyle789 Thread Starter

Hi, going to make this quick for all you of you "too long, didnt read" people, below is a picture of my problem.

I recently bought the GIGABYTE MA790X-UD4P Mobo and a AMD PHENOM II x4 3.0 GHZ Deneb 940 Black Edition, with this fresh install of vista 64 ultimate, and I can say it's never done this before. It comes in the most random of times, whether I want to delete a shortcut, delete an ordinary file, or even right click my desktop (which happened below, when I wanted to go change my power settings)

I will try to get the crashlog as soon as it happens again, but as it may turn out, you may not need it. Thanks for any help!

[​IMG]

2. joeten

joeten

3. Cdn XxRRODxX

Cdn XxRRODxX

I had the same problem with my Vista 64 bit (however I have home premium) McAffee caused these explorer crashes for me and I had to switch anti-viruses. I don't know if you have McAffee, but I hope this helps.

4. joeten

joeten

cdn makes a valid point both norton and mcafee to name just two of these security packages can cause issues

5. Cptkyle789

Cptkyle789 Thread Starter

I don't think I'm using any Anti-Virus, but I'm sure Windows Defender is still running in the background. I hope to get AVG Free 8.5 once I'm not too lazy.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/843290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice