1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows explorer has stopped working

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nikhil_mittal_90, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikhil_mittal_90

nikhil_mittal_90 Thread Starter

Hi,

Laptop: compaq hp

I bought it in march.

I am also geting error "windows explorer has stopped working" followed by "windows explorer is restarting.." repeatedly...

I tried to do System Restore ,it is saying "System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:

An unspecified error occured during System Restore."

I would really appreciate if you can please suggest me what should i do?i have lots of important files on my laptop.so suggest me ways instead of system restore nd also let me know the cause of this problem:confused:

2. stod73

stod73

3. Goku

Goku

Welcome to TSG Nikhil :)

Firstly, I would like to know when you first got this problem. I mean to say did you install anything new like any software, driver, etc. before you first encountered this problem. Also, does Windows Explorer actually restart or do you get the Blue Screen of Death? Can you access the task manager? Answer these and I will get back to you. Good Luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice