1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Explorer lags/won't display

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hnicolle, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hnicolle

hnicolle Thread Starter

Hey all.

I just recently reinstalled my winxp.
    Everything has been running good but lately when I go to run a folder [C:/ for instance, but could be any other folder] it will lag anywhere from seconds to minutes in opening the folder and sometimes it won't bother to open it at all.

Other than this I haven't noticed any problems and all my programs are opening just fine. Any tips?

2. Sanstorm999

Sanstorm999

Hi
    Usually, when windows explorer delays the display of your drives/folders it is an indicator that it is having a problem locating that drive or folder......
    Could be imminent drive failure or bad sectors on drive?
    Could be a bad CD/DVD in the Rom drive, thats causing the delay. ensure drives are empty.
    Could be mapped/network drives. (if you have any that is)
    Could be corrupted files on Hard drive, run scan disk/ Error checking in XP
    Is windows slow to boot as well?

3. hnicolle

hnicolle Thread Starter

xp's loading time isn't too unreasonable. Better than it was before I reinstalled the system, especially. I've just never had this lagging problem before on opening drives...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice