Windows Explorer launches at W2K Boot-up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cruachaun

I have W2K Pro SP3. When I Bootup recently 2 horizontally-tiled Windows Explorer pages are launched at the end of the Bootup process.
Before this happened the Boot process ended with only the Desktop showing.
These two pages had been accessed some days ago but I now don't want them to appear at Bootup.
How do I stop them appearing like this ?

cruachaun

try deleting cookies? or use the msconfig options to see whats happening at start up

cruachaun

Tried deleting cookies in IE 6 - no change .
forgotten how to use msconfig options - could you remind me , please?

cruachaun

I think I've solved this problem myself.
The two pages mentioned had the following paths :-
"E:\Utilities\AVG " & "E:\Utilities\Shampoo"
These referred to two Applications ,AVG , (a free A/V Programme) , and SHAMPOO ( a free Uninstaller Programme )
It would seem that the Explorer pages in question were launched at Bootup because I had added the Folders containing the executive files instead of the files themselves to the Startup Menu.When this was changed to the path containing the executive files only , this resolved the problem as , after this change , the Programmes ran at Bootup but only appeared as icons in the Sys Tray - no Explorer pages now appear at Bootup.

Thanks to all who replied.

cruachaun

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online